Sunday, February 24, 2013

How To Mend A Broken Heart



You are gone…I am left alone,

you left me; and I am scared.

How do I go on? I’m left with memories.

You’ve played me for a fool…

was it lust or love?

My world is now upside down.



I will have my ups and downs,

but you will remain alone.

I had your love once, now I’m my own true love.

I will no longer be scared,

I am stronger, and you remain a fool…

you beg and plead, but to hell with our memories.



They have drifted far from my memory-

I guess you can say I knocked you down,

you’ll need another pitiful fool,

your actions are for you alone.

In an instance you were gone, I was scared

but now, I have found love-



a more appreciated love

to replace my haunted memory.

No longer a child, scared

I will bring my self up, not down,

no longer afraid of being alone

I will stand proud, unlike a fool.



I admit I was sad for a while, like most fools,

but now I realize there is more to love

no need to feel alone_

I’m ready to create new memories,

and I will never be put down,

for I have been weak and scared.



I realize now, no need to be frightened-

for now I am wiser, not foolish,

no longer looking at life as a downer…

I realize there’s much more to life and love;

Our bad romance is a distant memory-

forever gone. I’m standing tall-alone.



Scared, fragile woman is gone…I have found love.

Fool no more; there is no trace of his memory,

down and out, I am unafraid of being alone.


By Saedah Coello

No comments:

RANDOM QUOTE

Wordsmith

POEM