Friday, June 12, 2015

William Blake



As you can tell I have been on a HUGE William Blake kick recently. I have always loved his work both Art and Poetry.
For those of you who are not familiar with Blake I urge you to do some research... do it right fucking meow. For the lazy type I have compiled a small starting point. 

Here are some of his books.
Amazon link


If you are to lazy to look over all of those I recommend starting with
Songs Of Innocence And Of Experience
and

William Blake's Divine Comedy Illustrations


For Art work start here 
 

To learn about the man... the myth.. the legend.. 



Some of my favorite work of his:

The Body of Abel Found by Adam and Eve, c. 1825. Watercolour on wood


The Ghost of a Flea, 1819–1820. Having informed painter-astrologerJohn Varley of his visions of apparitions, Blake was subsequently persuaded to paint one of them.[106]Varley's anecdote of Blake and his vision of the flea's ghost became well-known.[106]


Nebuchadnezzar



The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun


No comments:

RANDOM QUOTE

Wordsmith

POEM